According to many real estate experts, the best and easiest way to quickly sell Myrtle Beach homes is through proper staging. Aside from being able to sell quickly, the proper staging also helps to improve the value of a home. There are different ways of staging a home. Some require you to spend money such as renovations and home improvements. Others, on the other hand, require your time and effort. Keep in mind that you do not have to spend a lot of money on staging the house that you are selling. Sometimes, you only need to do some cleaning and organizing. Simply rearranging the furniture and adding or removing decor can effectively stage your home.
Below are some staging tips that you can consider for your Myrtle Beach homes for sale.
- Get rid of all the clutter. Clutter not only means the dirt inside the house. Clutter can also be your unused tools, the pile of mail and letters, all those extra utensils, and other unnecessary items that no one is using. According to expert real estate agents, one of the primary causes of clutter is having too much furniture. To get rid of clutter, you can start with reducing the furniture inside the house.
Start with the ones that you are no longer using. If you are having difficulty deciding which ones to remove, think of the things and items in the house that you can live without. Remember that the primary goal of staging is to make the house look bigger and more spacious and you can do this by removing some of the items that you no longer use and need.
- Repurpose furniture. You do not have to get rid of all the extra furniture. Try placing them in a different room. For example, that extra armchair may cause the living room to look crowded but it could make your bedroom look more comfortable. Also, that old dining table can be repurposed to a writing desk or library table that you can place in your home office or study room. You can add lamps and other decorations on it so people will know its purpose.
- Transform all space into useful rooms. If you have closets that are not being used and are only accumulating junk, dust, and debris, it is time to transform it into a beautiful and useful space. Keep in mind that many homebuyers will be looking at all spaces in the house, including that forgotten closet, the basement, and inside the cabinets when they come in for a visit. Thus, transforming all spaces into useful rooms will help sellers better prepare their Myrtle Beach homes for sale.
First, clean the unused room and use your imagination on how best to use that room. For example, you can transform that unused closet into a mini library or a reading nook. Or you can also make it into an extension of the kids’ room where they can stash their toys. The basement, if cleaned and decorated, can be transformed into various types of rooms: an entertainment room, yoga or workout studio or playroom. Really, all it takes is your imagination and creativity.
- Ensure proper lighting. Do not forget that proper lighting is what makes a house look comfortable and welcoming. Thus, make sure that you have at least 100 watts of lighting for every 50 square feet of space in your home. Also, use more than one or two lighting fixtures in each room. Combining different types of lighting fixtures, such as task lighting, ambient, and accent lighting will provide each room with a more warm and inviting effect.
Staging options to consider when selling a home
The first thing your Myrtle Beach real estate agent will tell you when you are selling a home is to properly stage the house. The primary reason for this is because staging has been proven through the years to help easily and quickly sell a house, regardless of its location and age. With proper staging, any house will look appealing and attractive to its target buyers so that it will sell faster and at a higher price.
Unfortunately, many home sellers think twice about staging their homes. Quite often, a Myrtle Beach listing agent would advise you to prep your home before selling. Most of them associate staging with spending money on major renovations. In reality, however, staging does not cost a lot. In fact, there are homes that are staged appropriately without requiring a single dime from the seller. Keep in mind that the goal of staging is to showcase its beauty and make it irresistible to home buyers. This can be easily achieved without spending a lot of money.
Below are some staging options that you can consider when selling a home in Myrtle Beach. These do not cost a lot of money. On the other hand, only one will fit your needs and budget.
- Professional consultation – A professional stager knows how to efficiently stage a home so that it will effectively attract its target buyers. At first look, they can tell you what your home needs such as a new paint job, landscaping, or organizing of your furniture and other stuff. If you have a professional look around the house, they can also suggest converting a room into an office or guest room depending on your target market.
Remember that the key to successfully staging a home is to keep the needs and wants of your target buyers in mind. You are staging the house for them, to attract them. That is why it is necessary that you focus on their needs. If you are targeting small families, you will have to make the house look child-friendly. There should be enough rooms for all the members of the family.
- Partial staging – This includes a little bit of staging work on the home and is highly recommended for homes that are still in tip-top shape. If your house is just a few years old and is relatively new, you do not need a lot to do to be able to make it presentable to home buyers. But because you are targeting specific home buyers, you need to make the house appeal to their needs.
Partial staging basically includes converting one bedroom into a home office if you are targeting young professionals or vice versa if you are targeting small families. It can also include removing or replacing some furniture to make the house more presentable and attractive. Other times, a house only needs a thorough cleaning and some organization.
- Full staging – This type of staging is recommended for homes that need some repairs and renovations before being listed on the market. In addition to this, investing in new furniture is also necessary before selling a home. When doing a full staging, on the other hand, many listing agent would recommend focusing on the kitchen and bathrooms as these are the rooms that most home buyers will primarily look at. And oftentimes, these rooms are the decision-makers for the home buyers. How they see the kitchen and bathroom will make or break their decision to buy the house. For all your needs when selling a home, hire experts like Full Potential Real Estate, LLC.
However you choose to stage your home, it helps if you work with a professional. Call Full Potential Real Estate, LLC now for professional assistance in staging and selling a home.
Full Potential Real Estate, LLC
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577