Before selling a home, it helps if you prepare the house first. This includes staging, which helps attract more buyers, increase the appeal and
value of the house and sell the house at a much quicker rate. If this is your first time to sell a house and you do not know a lot about proper staging, the following tips from professional home designers will surely help you. Remember that staging should not cost you a lot of money. Instead, it should help bring in more money for you.
1. Make sure bathrooms are clean and sparkly. You should know that houses with grimy bathrooms that are filled with molds do not sell quickly. To avoid this, make sure your bathrooms are clean and sparkly but you do not have to renovate the bathrooms. They just need thorough cleaning. Remove mold and grime from your bathrooms by combining one part water and one part bleach. Place the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on the wall where there is grime and mold. Once the molds have been removed, clean the walls and add a new coat of paint to give it a fresh look.
2. Clean cloudy shower doors. As mentioned earlier, proper staging helps you in quickly selling a home but it should not be expensive. Thus, instead of replacing grimy and cloudy glass shower doors, consider cleaning them instead. Combine one part muriatic acid and 10 parts water. Use a steel wool to scrub the mixture onto the glass shower door. The muriatic acid should loosen the grime and the sharp points of the steel wool will help remove the loosened grime from your shower door.
3. Paint outdated tiles. One of the many things that potential homebuyers look at in the bathroom when visiting homes for sale is its tiles. If they see that the tiles are outdated and worn out even if the bathroom is clean and sparkly, homebuyers would think twice in buying that home. Because replacing outdated tiles is costly, consider painting over it. In this affordable alternative, you only need to buy high-adhesion primer and a ceramic epoxy covering. You will need to clean the tiles first before applying the adhesion paint and then the ceramic epoxy covering.
4. Opt for a pedestal sink. If the house you are selling has a small bathroom, you should consider a pedestal sink instead of that big vanity. A pedestal sink will make the bathroom look bigger because of exposing how much floor space it has. Add to this the dramatic appeal and you will surely receive lots of proposals for the house.
5. Master bedroom for both sexes. When selling a home in Myrtle Beach, the master bedroom should appeal to both sexes. You cannot be sure who will be using the master bedroom so it is better to decorate and arrange it so that it would not seem gender-specific. Choose a neutral color for the walls. Add bedding that complements the walls. Accentuate the room with neutral colors.
Looking for professional assistance in selling a home, contact Full Potential Real Estate, LLC today and speak with their real estate agent.
Full Potential Real Estate, LLC
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577