It is never an easy task to sell your parent’s home. Whether your parents are ready to move to a new location or have passed away, putting their home on the market is a tough ordeal. There will be a lot of sentimental value to the home considering the years they spent living in it. That emotional attachment is often one of the key reasons why selling a home is slower than your average transaction. Emotional aspects aside, there are ways on how you could expedite the process of selling the home of your parents.
What you need to know to speed up the sale of your parent’s home:
- Don’t fall for investor offers – in case your parents have died, don’t fall for any investors offering to buy the property in cash. According to experts, these investors will likely provide a meager bid for the home. If you and your siblings are in need of cash or have the need to settle personal debt, it can be tempting to take upon these offers. Although you get the cash fast, you will settle for a smaller amount than what the property is worth. It is best to work with a real estate agent and list the home the normal way.
- Don’t be your own realtor – a lot of people want to cut the middleman and do away with realtors. However, it is not often the best course of action. Bear in mind that selling a home Myrtle Beach might not be as straightforward as it sounds. There are details and trade information that you may not know about and you could miss out on great deals if you were to discount the need for a realtor.
- Don’t let emotions get the best of you – oftentimes, it is hard to overcome emotions especially when selling a home of loved ones. However, the sale must continue, and to do that, you should assign someone who can make rational decisions in the selling process.
- Don’t declutter on your own – experts often advise people to hire professionals to declutter their parent’s home. If you were to do it on your own, all the emotions could come rushing in and you wouldn’t be able to complete the process. Hiring professionals to declutter will speed up the process.
- Sell at the right price – this is where hiring experts like Full Potential Real Estate come in handy. You must be able to sell at the right price. Your realtor should be able to analyze market conditions and other factors that affect the market. In the end, your realtor should find you the best deal for your property.
- Be careful with renovations – a realtor would often advise owners to do some renovation prior to the sale. This is to make the selling process easier by attracting more buyers. However, not all home renovation projects benefit the selling price of the home. Be mindful of the ROI of your planned renovation. Be sure that the selling price can make up for the money you put into the home improvements.
Are you planning to sell your home? Hire Full Potential Real Estate to help you with the selling process. You may reach us at (843) 492-4537.
Full Potential Real Estate, LLC
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577